What’s better than relaxing in your back garden, by the patio or pool? Listening to your favourite music while you’re there, and enjoying deep, full stereo sound. With the SoundTouch® outdoor speaker system with 251® speakers, you can stream Internet radio and your music library outside—all at the touch of a button. If you have a home Wi-Fi® network, you’re ready to make hanging out even more fun.
Your music, outdoors. Streamed wirelessly.
- Wireless connection via your home Wi-Fi® network to stream Internet radio and your music library outdoors
- Our best wall-mounted outdoor speakers deliver rich sound and clear performance, for extremely wide sound in larger outdoor areas
- Rugged speaker construction designed to withstand snow, rain and extreme temperatures
- SoundTouch® app transforms your phone or tablet into a powerful remote that keeps you in control of your music
- Add SoundTouch® systems to play the same music throughout your home, or different music in different rooms
Performance that has you covered
Most speakers can’t deliver sound evenly over a large outdoor area. But our outdoor speakers are uniquely engineered to give you full stereo performance across a much wider space. Bose 251 environmental speakers deliver our best performance outdoors from two 2.5" full-range drivers and a 5.25" woofer.
Built for the great outdoors
Whether you’re unwinding on your own or entertaining friends and family, you want your music to keep up with you. These speakers will stand up to the cold, heat, snow and rain. So when the weather’s just right, your music will be right there with you.
Everything you need to stream music
This SoundTouch® outdoor speaker system includes the SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier. The SoundTouch® app also transforms your phone into a powerful remote so you can control your music from anywhere in your home.
Expand your musical universe
soundtouch® is your key to an expanding musical universe. you can save your favourite stations and itunes® playlists to six presets on the app and remote so they’re always a touch away. and bluetooth® connectivity is included so you can play music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet, too.
- 251® speakers:34.29 cm H x 14.6 cm W x 20.32 cm D (3.63 kg)
- SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier:7.7 cm H x 18.4 cm W x 30 cm D (1.4 kg)
SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier
- AC power
- USB connector for setup
- Ethernet connector
- Speaker outputs
- 3 aux input connectors (2 RCA pairs, 1 3.5 mm mini-stereo)
In the box
- 251® environmental speakers
- SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier
- Mounting hardware: 8 screws and 8 plastic anchors
- Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 4 knobs
- 2 brackets
- USB cable
- AC power cable
Can I mount the speakers horizontally and vertically?
What conditions and temperature extremes can these speakers withstand?
Our outdoor speakers are designed to withstand:
- Sun, high humidity (rain and snow), salt and fog
- Temperature extremes (-40°C to 70°C; -40°F to 158°F)
- Permanent outdoor installation
What is needed to set up my SoundTouch® outdoor speaker system?
If you have a computer and a home Wi-Fi® network, you have all you need for setup. Everything else required is included in this package.
Do I need a smartphone or tablet to use the system?
No. You can use a computer to explore music and personalise presets using the SoundTouch® app.
What Internet streaming music can I play?
SoundTouch® systems let you play Internet radio stations from around the world.
Can I play music stored on my computer?
Yes. SoundTouch® systems can play music stored on your computer that is managed by iTunes® or Windows® Media Player.
Can I stream different music to different rooms?
Yes, if you have multiple SoundTouch® products, you can stream different music in different rooms, the same music in every room or customise zones to play what you want, where you want.
How many systems can I have on my network at any one time?
What operating systems are compatible with the SoundTouch® app?
The app is compatible with Windows® XP, 7, 8, 10; 64-bit Macs® running OSX 10.6.8 and later; any iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch running iOS5 and later; Android™ devices running Android™ 4.1 and later.
Can I play stored music from a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive on SoundTouch® systems?
Yes, SoundTouch® systems are compatible with selected NAS drives, including Synology's DiskStation and Western Digital's My Cloud™, so you can stream your personal music library even while your computer is off.
What audio formats are supported by SoundTouch® systems?
MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, FLAC and Apple Lossless formats are supported.
I already own speakers that I'd like to use to stream music. How can I do this?
You can use your own speakers to easily stream music with the SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier. The SA-5 amplifier works with your existing home Wi-Fi® network, so you don't need any extra equipment.