If the soundbar is not responding to power, volume and source selection commands from the provided remote, try the following:
Operate the remote within 6 metres (20 feet) of the soundbar, as this is its maximum operating range
Remove any obstructions that may be blocking the remote signal receivers on the far-left and right ends of the front of the soundbar
Install a set of new batteries in the remote. If you've recently replaced the batteries, make sure that the positions of the + and - symbols on the batteries match the + and - markings inside the battery compartment
Reset the soundbar by unplugging its power cable from the power socket, waiting 30 seconds and then firmly plugging the power cable back into a working socket
If you purchased the optional Bose Soundbar Universal Remote and its six source icons are blinking, the remote is not associated with the soundbar.
To re-associate the remote with the soundbar:
- On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote’s pairing list
- Press the Centre Navigation button once to put the remote into pairing mode
- Open the Bose Music app and tap on the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner
- Select Settings > Pair New Remote
- Follow the instructions in the app
- Once the remote has been found, tap Continue to complete the pairing process
To configure this remote to operate other devices, refer to Programming the universal remote.