Simple Touch controls
Easy control of audio playback, noise cancellation modes and call functions frees your hands so you can focus on life.
Bluetooth 5.3 ensures a strong, continuous connection within 9.1 metres of the paired device.
With an IPX4 rating, these earbuds can handle drips, sprays, splashes and sweat.
Get up to 6 hours on a single charge, and up to a total of 24 hours with the charging case.
Audio is personalised to your ears for immersive sound adjusted especially for you.
Noise cancellation modes
Enjoy your music in full quiet, with transparency or somewhere in between.
Built-in microphones focus on your voice and filter out ambient noise.
Select from three sizes of stability bands and eartips to find your perfect fit.
Here’s how the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II compare with the first-generation Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds.
NEW—Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II
30% smaller size for the perfect fit and feel
Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds
What are the differences between the QuietComfort® Earbuds II and their predecessor, the QuietComfort® Earbuds?
The QuietComfort® Earbuds II differ from the prior QuietComfort® Earbuds in many ways, including:
• The introduction of CustomTune sound calibration technology to deliver personalised sound and the world’s best noise cancellation
• Significantly improved noise cancellation performance
• A significantly smaller-sized earbud and smaller-sized charging case
• More fit personalisation options through separate eartips and stability bands
• Improved natural quality to Aware Mode and the sound of your own voice when on phone calls
• Improved noise rejection for your microphone on phone calls
• A Fit Test in the Bose Music app to check your fit for a gentle seal so you get the best audio and noise cancellation performance
How should I ensure that my Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II always have the latest features?
QuietComfort® Earbuds II are engineered to get better with time. Our intent is to add new features via over-the-air software updates. In order to receive these updates, it is important to download the Bose Music app. The first time you connect your QuietComfort® Earbuds II to the app after a software update becomes available, you’ll be notified that the update is downloading. Putting the buds back into the case will complete the installation.
What do the controls on the QuietComfort® Earbuds II do?
The controls on the left and right earbud surfaces are the same, and they include:
• Swipe up or down for volume control
• Tap once to play or pause content
• Tap twice in quick succession to skip forwards
• Tap three times in quick succession to skip back
• Press and hold the earbud surface to access a Shortcut. The default Shortcut function on both buds is to toggle back and forth between Quiet Mode (full noise cancelling) and Aware Mode (hear outside sound). You can add additional noise cancelling modes at sound levels between Quiet and Aware using the Bose Music app. The Shortcut on one or both earbuds can also be customised in the Bose Music app to access a mobile device’s built-in voice assistant
• Tap once to accept an incoming call
• Tap twice in quick succession to end a call or decline an incoming call
Are the QuietComfort® Earbuds II sweat-resistant?
Yes. The Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II have passed IPX4 testing, which means that they are protected against sweat and splashing water from any angle. The interior of the charging case is resistant to water or sweat that may remain on the buds when they are placed inside for charging; however, it is not recommended that the outside of the case be exposed to water.
Do the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II support multi-point connectivity?
No. Multi-point is a technology that allows wireless earbuds to maintain a connection to two devices at the same time. While the QuietComfort® Earbuds II can connect to and remember up to seven devices, they maintain connection to only one device at a time during use. To connect to a second device that has previously been paired with the earbuds, you may simply select the QuietComfort® Earbuds II on the second device’s Bluetooth settings menu, and the earbuds will disconnect from the first device and connect to the second.
Can the QuietComfort® Earbuds II be used for VoIP, Zoom, Microsoft Teams or other types of calls?
Yes. If the source being used for VolP is equipped with Bluetooth technology enabled with the hands-free profile (HFP), then the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II can be connected and used for calls.
Are the eartips or stability bands compatible with other models of Bose earbuds?
No. The Bose Fit Kit is an all-new design that is not compatible with other Bose earbuds or earbuds from other manufacturers.
What if the eartips or stability bands don’t fit my ears?
You should take some time to experiment with different eartip and stability band sizes to arrive at a combination that suits you, providing a gentle seal and a comfortable, stable experience. Keep in mind that it’s common for left and right ears to vary slightly in shape, so sizes may not match from left to right. Also, eartip and stability band sizes may be mixed and matched (such as using a size small eartip with a #3 stability band). If you find that you need alternative sizes, extra-small and extra-large eartips and stability bands are available through Bose Support.
What codecs do the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II support?
A codec is a digital audio encoder and decoder used to transfer data to Bluetooth audio devices like earbuds and loudspeakers. Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds II support the Low Complexity Subband Coding (SBC) and the Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) codec standards
What do the lights on the QuietComfort® Earbuds II charging case mean?
There are two lights: an Earbud status light inside the case between the earbuds, and a Charging Case status light on the outside of the case.
Earbud status light (inner):
• Slowly blinks blue—Ready to connect
• Solid blue (5 seconds)—Connected
• Blinks white twice—Device list cleared
• Solid white (5 seconds)—Earbuds are fully charged
• Solid amber (5 seconds)—Earbuds are charging
• Blinks white twice—Reboot complete
• Blinks white 3 times, repeated— Updating earbud software
• Blinks amber and white—Error, contact Bose customer service
Charging Case status light (outer):
• Solid white—Case is fully charged (100%) and plugged in
• Solid white (5 seconds)—Case is charged (34% to 99%)
• Solid amber (5 seconds)—Case has low charge, less than one full earbud charge remaining (10% to 33%)
• Blinks amber twice—Case needs to charge (less than 10%)
• Solid amber—Case is charging
• Blinks white 3 times, repeated—Updating case software
• Blinks amber and white—Error, contact Bose customer service